|Motorists are advised that traffic restrictions will be in place beginning Friday, May 18 and continuing through Sunday, May 20 as the 12th Annual Wilmington Grand Prix is held. The event, which will be held rain or shine, is the culmination of a weeklong series of events that Mayor Mike Purzycki has proclaimed as ‘Wilmington Bike Week.’
The Grand Prix kicks off with the Monkey Hill Time Trial in Brandywine Park from 5 to 8 p.m. on Friday. The following road closures will be in effect between 3:30 p.m. and 8 p.m.:
- 18th Street from North Van Buren Street to North Broom
- Lovering Avenue from DuPont Street to North Van Buren Street
- Park Drives North and South
- Restricted traffic on Market Street (between North Park Drive and South Park Drive)
Parking is available at Baynard Stadium and Salesianum School.
The cordoning off the Wilmington Grand Prix Criterium Course downtown on Friday, May 18 and Saturday, May 19 will result in the following traffic restrictions:
- Market Street between 4th and 10th streets will be reduced to special-access only traffic beginning at 6 p.m. on Friday. Motorists are advised to avoid Market Street after this time and use an alternate route. Market Street returns to regular traffic patterns after 8 p.m. on Saturday.
- Market Street will be closed on Saturday, May 19 until 8 p.m.; 5th and 6th streets will reopen at 7 p.m.
- 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th streets will be closed between Shipley and French streets beginning Friday, May 18 at 6 p.m. through Saturday, May 19 at 7 p.m.
- 10th Street will be closed between Shipley and French streets beginning Friday, May 18 at 6 p.m. through Saturday, May 19 at 8 p.m.
- 11th Street will be closed between Market and French streets beginning Saturday, May 19 at 6 a.m.
- 5th and 6th streets will reopen Saturday, May 19 at 7 p.m.
- King Street will be closed between 4th and 11th streets on Saturday, May 19 from 7 a.m. until 6 p.m.
On Sunday, May 20 Kentmere Parkway will be closed between North Grant Avenue and the Delaware art Museum from 6 a.m. until 8:30 a.m. Maps of the Monkey Hill Time Trial, Wilmington Grand Prix, and the Gran Fondo and Governor’s Ride can be found here:http://wilmgrandprix.com/about/maps/. Parking information for the Grand Prix can be seen here:https://bit.ly/2Iu6iTE.
More information about the Wilmington Grand Prix can be found at: http://wilmgrandprix.com/