Delaware Division of Public Health Opens Coronavirus Call Center
For any questions or concerns regarding COVOD -19 Please call the Delaware Division of Public Health’s call center at 1-866-408-1899, TTY at 1-800-232-5460 or email email@example.com
Anyone who has returned from a country with a level 2 or higher travel alert – China, Italy, Iran, Japan, and South Korea – in the past 14 days and has developed symptoms such as coughing, fever and shortness of breath, should contact the Division of Public Health at 1-866-408-1899.
Any returning travelers, again within the last 14 days, from these countries who do not have symptoms are also asked to call DPH at 1-866-408-1899 so that we can provide guidance on self-monitoring for symptoms and what to do if you do develop symptoms.
Residents should also prevent the spread of the virus through prevention. These preventative measures are:
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow, not your hand. If you use a tissue, dispose of it right away.
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly, including the backs of your hands and under your nails.
- Clean surfaces at home, work or school that you use often.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- If you are healthy, the CDC does not recommend buying or using face masks. If you are infected, however, a mask can help prevent the spread of a virus.
Symptoms of COVID-19 can include fever, cough and shortness of breath. The symptoms may appear in as few as two days or as long as 14 days after exposure. Reported illnesses have ranged from people with little to no symptoms (similar to the common cold) to people being severely ill and dying. For more information and updates related to COVID-19, visit the DPH website at de.gov/coronavirus, where materials can be found in English, Simplified Chinese/Mandarin, Spanish, and Haitian-Creole. The most accurate and timely information regarding this outbreak is available through the Division of Public Health, as well as the CDC’s website and social media channels.