WILMINGTON –Today, City Council President Hanifa Shabazz along with members of Council announced final plans for hosting Thursday’s scheduled meeting.
“I can not stress enough the importance of maintaining the health and safety of every resident in the City of Wilmington,” said President Shabazz. “Following the Governor’s amended State of Emergency order authorizing local governments to conduct business remotely, our office immediately started exploring options for video teleconferencing. I would like to thank all members of the Council staff and WITN who have been working around the clock to ensure continuity in the handling of the city’s business. We are getting through this together”
On Thursday March 19, 2020 Wilmington City Council will hold their meeting virtually using Zoom technology.
1. Members of the public are invited to join the City Council meeting by accessing the meeting through this link: https://zoom.us/j/573359472.
2. To listen in only log on to WITN22 website www.witn22.org or YouTube link https://www.youtube.com/user/WITN22Wilmington/
People can also join by telephone by calling one of the following phone numbers: +1 312 626 6799, +1 929 205 6099, +1 253 215 8782, +1 301 715 8592, +1 346 248 7799, +1 669 900 6833.
3. PUBLIC COMMENT: Participants wishing to provide public comment will be able to do so by adhering to the following protocols:
a. When you join a Zoom meeting hosted by another user, you are considered an attendee. From 5:00 pm to 5:45pm, a maximum of 10 attendees will be able to sign up for 3-minute comments.
b. To sign up, participants should leave their names in the Zoom chat:
1. In your controls at the bottom window, click Chat. If you are on a mobile device, tap Participants, then Chat.
2. The chat window will open on the right side of your screen if you are not in full screen mode.
3. Please type your First and Last Name, District and Topic of Discussion into the chat window to sign up for Public Comment and press Enter to send your message.
4. Public Comment will start promptly at 6:00 pm
4. COUNCIL MEETING: City Council President Shabazz will start the official Council meeting promptly at 6:30 p.m. She will proceed following the posted agenda.
5. LEGISLATIVE BUSINESS: Council President will follow the legislation portion of the council meeting in the same fashion as in-person meetings. After all Resolutions, and any Ordinances for 3rd & Final, President will ask for public comment, and if so, for the public to click the raise hand ICON.
a. Click Raise Hand in the Webinar Controls (at the bottom of your screen select Participant.
b. The host (City Council President Shabazz) will be notified that you’ve raised your hand.
c. City Council President will acknowledge the public speaker and invite them to make their comment.
Wilmington City Council is asking everyone to be patient as using remote technology is a new endeavor. President Shabazz encourages all residents to stay vigilant and follow the safety measures that have been provided by the Governor’s office, City of Wilmington and the Delaware Division of Public Health.