Agenda for Regular Meeting Revision
10/15/2020 6:30 pm
- Recognize Reverend Lawrence Livingston
- Sympathy Edmond Nathaniel Russ
- Sympathy Barbara McCray
- Sympathy Michael Lamont Kelson
- Sympathy Idonya Lee Ford
- Sympathy Mary Emmalou Teat
- Sympathy Charles Van Bullard
- Recognize WDAS 70th Anniversary
- Sympathy Darrius Boyd
- Recognize World Mental Health Day
- Sympathy Fred Sylvester
*Note: This Agenda is being amended to add item #4872, which is being added to reflect a previously unanticipated need.
Note: In following Governor Carney’s Proclamation #17-3292, due to the outbreak of the COVID-19, public meetings are currently being conducted virtually to maintain social distancing and to keep all constituents safe. Members of the public are invited to join the City Council meeting by accessing the meeting as follows:
https://zoom.us/j/91761710129 or visit the WITN22 website at http://www.witn22.org or WITN YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/WITN22Wilmington/ or listen in only by calling one of the following phone numbers (929) 205-6099 or (301) 715-8592. You will be asked for the Webinar ID. Please enter Webinar ID: 917 6171 0129 and then #.
Agenda Item #4868 - Ord. 20-049
1st & 2nd Reading - Referred to CD&UP
An Ordinance to Approve the Removal of a Portion of Palmers Row, Located Between New Street and the Northern Boundary of Tax Parcel No. 26-029.10-124, from the Official City Map
Synopsis: This Ordinance is being presented by the Administration for Council’s review and approval. This Ordinance authorizes the removal of a portion of Palmers Row, located between New Street and the northern boundary of Tax Parcel No. 26-029.10-124, from the Official City Map.
Agenda Item #4872* - Res. 20-063
A Resolution Approving the Termination of a Deed Restriction within a Declaration Recorded with the New Castle County Recorder of Deeds at Volume G, Book 87, Page 757
Synopsis: This Resolution is being presented by the Administration for Council’s review and approval. This Resolution approves the termination of a deed restriction within a declaration recorded with the New Castle County Recorder of Deeds at Volume G, Book 87, Page 757.
Agenda Item #4859 - Res. 20-055
Adopted (previously held from 9/17/20 meeting)
A Resolution to Approve the License Agreement Authorizing New Cingular Wireless PCS, LLC to Install and Operate Wireless Telecommunications Facilities in the Public Rights of Way of the City of Wilmington
Synopsis: This Resolution is being presented by the Administration for Council’s review and approval. This Resolution approves the License Agreement (“the License”) between the City and New Cingular Wireless PCS, LLC (“New Cingular”) to, among other things, construct, install, maintain, and operate wireless telecommunication facilities in the public rights of way of the City of Wilmington. This equipment is part of New Cingular’s network for the operation of wireless communications services. The initial term of the License is ten (10) years commencing on September 17, 2020 and shall continue thereafter until terminated by either party.
Agenda Item #4862 - Ord. 20-046
3rd & Final Reading - Passed
Authorize and Approve a Contract Between the City of Wilmington and Axon Enterprise, Inc for Body Cameras and Related Services
Synopsis: This Ordinance is being presented by the Administration for Council’s review and approval. This Ordinance authorizes the execution of a five-year Master Services and Purchasing Agreement with Axon Enterprise, Inc. to purchase body cameras and related services for the implementation of a body camera program for the Wilmington Police Department.
Agenda Item #4654 (Rev. 4) - Sub. 3 to Ord. 19-026
3rd & Final Reading - DEFEATED
An Ordinance to Amend Chapters 4 and 34 of the City Code to Provide for Civil Fines for Owners of Rental Properties and Vacant Properties, and to Increase Vacant Registration Fees
Synopsis: This Substitute Ordinance is being presented by City Council for Council’s review and approval.
This Substitute No. 3 to Ordinance No. 19-026 (“Ordinance”) makes the following amendments to Chapter 34 of the City Code:
- changes the enforcement of Chapter 34 with respect to vacant and rental properties from criminal enforcement to civil enforcement with civil fines for non-compliance;
- this provision will expire on January 1, 2024 unless it is re-enacted prior to the expiration date;
- makes additional changes to update and modernize Chapter 34.
This Substitute No. 3 to Ordinance No. 19-026 makes the following amendments to Chapter 4 of the City Code:
- deletes Section 4-27, 119.0 (authorization for exterior improvements to vacant structures) and Section 4-27, 120.0 (annual vacant property registration fees), and incorporates these provisions into Chapter 34;
- increase the registration fees for properties vacant 3 or more years;
- require registration of buildings vacant for 6 consecutive months rather than 45 consecutive days;
- impose a civil fine of $500.00 for failing to register a vacant building within 30 days of the required time to register;amends the annual vacant property registration fee provisions (previously found at Chapter 4, Section 4-27, 120.0; now located at Chapter 34, Section 34-210) to:
- exempt vacant buildings owned by the Wilmington Neighborhood Conservancy Land Bank Corporation (“Land Bank”) from registration requirements;
- provide that purchasers of a vacant building from the Land Bank be billed a vacant registration fee based on the duration of vacancy from the time he or she received the building from the Land Bank, rather than a vacant registration fee based on the duration of the vacancy prior to receiving the building; and
- provide for the abatement of past due vacant registration fees if the owner meets certain conditions.
This Substitute Ordinance shall become effective on January 1, 2021.
Agenda Item #4869 - Ord. 20-048
1st & 2nd Reading - Referred to F&ED
An Ordinance to Authorize and Approve an Agreement Between the City of Wilmington and Paymentus Corporation for an Online Payment Processing and Bill Presentment System (Contract 21017 DFPS)
Synopsis: This Ordinance is being presented by the Administration for Council’s review and approval. This Ordinance authorizes the City to enter into an agreement with Paymentus Corporation for an online payment processing and bill presentment system for the period of three (3) years, with the possibility of three (3) extensions of one (1) year thereafter.
Agenda Item #4870 - Ord. 20-047
1st & 2nd Reading - Referred to PW&T
An Ordinance to Authorize and Approve a One-Year Extension of Contract 20037FD Between the City of Wilmington and City Towing Services LLC for the Provision of Towing and Impounding of Vehicles
Synopsis: This Ordinance is being presented by the Administration for Council’s review and approval. This Ordinance authorizes the City to enter into an amendment to Contract 20037FD (Towing & Impounding of Vehicles) (the “Contract”) between the City and City Towing Services LLC that provides for a one-year extension of the Contract from December 1, 2020 through November 30, 2021 with the same terms and conditions.
Agenda Item #4871 - Res. 20-062
A Resolution Authorizing the Mayor to File a Substantial Amendment to the Fiscal Year 2020 Annual Action Plan to Outline the Proposed Use ofSupplemental ESG-CV Funds to Prevent, Prepare for, and Respond to the Ongoing COVID-19 Crisis
Synopsis: This Resolution is being presented by the Administration for Council’s review and approval. This Resolution (i) approves a Substantial Amendment to the Fiscal Year 2020 Annual Action Plan to outline the proposed use of additional ESG Program funding for ESG-CV Grants that is available pursuant to the CARES Act to prevent, prepare for, and respond to the COVID-19 pandemic and (ii) authorizes the Mayor to file an application for financial assistance with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development for such funding.